Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back in the Ghetto Days . . .

We've been trying very hard recently to cut back on our eating out. Besides the insane amount of money we save by eating at home, I desperately need to lose weight and there's nothing healthy about ordering pizza or picking up Chinese.
So anyways, last night as I was doing my best to get Bonnie to wind down for the night, a commercial for Pizza Hut came on and both Chris and I started salivating. We don't order from Pizza Hut, but just the thought of a piping hot pepperoni with pineapple and extra cheese being delivered to my door without any effort on my part was enough to make me want to start digging for my debit card. Then they started talking about their current special: Any pizza, any size, any toppings . . . just $10 bucks.
I looked over at Chris and said, "Sweet! I'd get a Big New Yorker."
"They haven't made those in forever," Chris said. Then he started laughing a little and said, "Remember when we first got married and we were so poor and we ordered one of those with extra sauce, knowing full well that by the time it got to the house that all the toppings would have slid off and they'd have to give us a coupon for a free pizza? That was awesome."
Yes, I do remember the time we beat the system and for six months or so . . . until the Big New Yorker was discontinued anyways . . . we used our free coupon to order yet another extra large with extra sauce and never spent another dollar at Pizza Hut.

Karma did come back around in the form of a Pizza Hut delivery driver illegally crossing five lanes of traffic and crashing into us, ruining my Maxima and our Super Bowl Sunday. . . . Lesson learned : )

No comments:

Post a Comment